Fr. Christian Hawley, an Air Force officer who became an Episcopal priest, has penned this article in remembrance of the terrorist attacks we witnessed on September 11, 2001. This is the best expression I have yet heard of #NeverForget.
Here are the one-liners he uses to form the shape of his article. Reblogged from Ministry Matters.
- We are never safe.
- We are never alone.
- We are never innocent.
- We are never beyond redemption.
- Violence begets violence.
- Sometimes love begets violence.
- Love anyway.
- Reconciliation begins within.
- Be gentle with yourself.
- Reconciliation can’t be done alone.
- Be gentle with others.
- Never forget.
- Remembering is a process.
- Christians remember well.